Noname 187B RCD330 Plus with rear USB

Rear USB, Carplay , Android Auto.
You will not see the messy data cable on the front panel, it looks more concise and neat

RCD330 Plus Desay 187B (1G RAM) with Rear USB

Rear USB, Carplay , Mirrorlink, Carlif.
You will not see the messy data cable on the front panel, it looks more concise and neat.

Working with Android auto Carplay. MQB Volkswagens Original Unit. Scalable Wireless Carplay. USB original location installation

Noname 187B RCD330 Plus

Android Auto and Carplay For all Volkswagen PQ car

RCD330g plus 187B

FIts Golf 5/6 R/GTI MK5 MK6, Polo C/R/GTI, EOS/Beetle/Passat CC For RCD330 Plus

RCD330g plus

Make you life in the car easier.
Convert your factory CarPlay to wireless and skip plugging in your phone when you get in!

Rear USB cables and socket

For Noname 187B

previous arrow
next arrow
Shadow
Slider
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

USB port broken

Hi guys,

It's great there is forum about this radio. Some weeks ago I bought the 6RD 035 187b on Aliexpress (link). I was really happy with this radio. Unfortunately something happened:

When I disconnected the lightning cable from my iPhone, the end of the lightning cable touched the sigaret lighter hole – which touched it for like 0.5 seconds. It created a small spark and I didnt think any more about this. The next day I connected a new USB - Lightning cable (original) and the Carplay connection was gone. It only worked when the force the USB in the radio up ^ or when you press it down v. So I guessed the USB port got some kind of electric shock.

I tried to repair the USB cable but it was impossible to use anymore, so I removed it. I did the Rear USB modification but still no success.

My question: Did I do something wrong with the rear USB modification? The radio and all functionalities still work – expect for the USB + Carplay connected. Are the wires correct?
Does it matter the old USB port is removed?

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Hi , Welcome to the forum.

1.First of all, the 5V+ pin of your original USB is blown and disconnected. But still l some metal is left.

2. Whether you remove the original front USB or not, it will not affect your connection to the rear USB, as long as you don't short-circuit it.

3. Not all the welding sequence of USB cables is black, green, white and red. You should use a multimeter to measure whether the sequence is consistent with the front USB after soldering.

4. It is recommended that you find an obsolete device, remove its USB terminal, and solder it to your motherboard. First of all, you must ensure that the front is working properly, so that it is easier to find out where the fault is.

5. The last point is that carplay has very high quality requirements for cables. If your rear USB cable is of poor quality, then the work of carplay will be very unstable. The USB cable I sell is the result of many tests. It took half a year before I found the best solution. very stable.

You get what you pay for.