Rear 187B

Reae USB cable, Carplay , Android Auto.
You will not see the messy data cable on the front panel, it looks more concise and neat.

Rear 187B

Rear USB, Carplay , Mirrorlink, Carlife.
You will not see the messy data cable on the front panel, it looks more concise and neat.

280B

Noname 280B

Android auto, Carplay. + Rear USB
MQB Volkswagens Original Unit.
USB original installation

Ori 187B

Real RCD330 Plus Noname 187B

Android Auto / Carplay /Mirror link
For all Volkswagen PQ car

RCD330g plus 187B
Flip camera

FIts Golf 6/7 R/GTI MK6 MK7, Polo C/R/GTI/Plus, EOS/Beetle/Passat CC/Scirocco For RCD330 Plus

RCD330g plus
All

Make you life in the car easier.
Convert your factory CarPlay to wireless and skip plugging in your phone when you get in!

Mysterious Beauty.

wireless carplay Noname 187B
cables

Rear USB cables and socket V2.0

For Noname 187B , Desay 187B, Noname 5GD 035 280B.

previous arrow
next arrow
Shadow
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Android Auto speaker/volume issue with Fender sound system

I recently purchased an RCD330 187B from here. It came with the latest firmware 5614 and pre-coded for the Fender audio system. My car is a 2014 VW Beetle.

I tried all available firmware versions from 5314 to the latest 5614, but all of them have the exact same problem: In Android Auto, when I play music through Spotify and then perform a voice command ("hey Google, what's the weather?"), the following happens:

1. The rear speakers are no longer active and music is playing through the front speakers only
  2. The minimum volume is suddenly set too high, and I can no longer reduce the volume to the same low levels as before

Once this problem occurs, it is also present when I switch to FM radio, so it's not isolated to sound coming from Android Auto. The only fix is to force-reboot the radio. But then the problem immediately comes back when I listen to Spotify and issue voice commands to Google.

As mentioned, I have tried six or so different firmware versions. All had the same issues above.

Any suggestion is welcome 🙂

My phone is a Google Pixel 4a with Android 11 & April security patches.

I think I figured out a solution. "Skoda soundsystem" is not a good configuration for the Fender system. I simply doesn't work well, or at least not with Android Auto. I had to follow the instructions in this thread here to change my coding to "16 00 04 40 02 00 02" (last two digits refer to my car, a Beetle). This seems to solve all aforementioned issues.

Also, I had to downgrade the firmware to 5518 (v4.2). 5614 doesn't play well with Android Auto and the Fender system.

So again, I want to leave this here for others -- coding the radio for a Skoda Soundsystem is not right, at least not in my particular case For reference, my factory amplifier under the driver seat is a 10 channel amp model "5C6 035 456".

Quote from Jan on May 5, 2021, 12:06 am

I think I figured out a solution. "Skoda soundsystem" is not a good configuration for the Fender system. I simply doesn't work well, or at least not with Android Auto. I had to follow the instructions in this thread here to change my coding to "16 00 04 40 02 00 02" (last two digits refer to my car, a Beetle). This seems to solve all aforementioned issues.

Also, I had to downgrade the firmware to 5518 (v4.2). 5614 doesn't play well with Android Auto and the Fender system.

So again, I want to leave this here for others -- coding the radio for a Skoda Soundsystem is not right, at least not in my particular case For reference, my factory amplifier under the driver seat is a 10 channel amp model "5C6 035 456".

Hi friend.

I am going to do a thorough study recently, which car Fender or dynaudio can work for RCD330 plus, can you provide the VIN code of your car.