Rear 187B

Rear USB cable, Carplay , Android Auto.
You will not see the messy data cable on the front panel, it looks more concise and neat.

Ori 187B

Real RCD330 Plus Noname 187B

Android Auto / Carplay /Mirror link
For all Volkswagen PQ car

RCD330g plus 187B
Green Skoda

For Fabia / Octavia / Superb / Yeti etc
Green light Noname 187B or + rear USB or + Wireless Car play dongle.
German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, English

wireless carplay Noname 187B
Rear 187B

Rear USB, Carplay , Mirrorlink, Carlife.
You will not see the messy data cable on the front panel, it looks more concise and neat.

280B

Noname 280B

Android auto, Carplay. + Rear USB
MQB Volkswagens Original Unit.
USB original installation

Flip camera

FIts Golf 6/7 R/GTI MK6 MK7, Polo C/R/GTI/Plus, EOS/Beetle/Passat CC/Scirocco For RCD330 Plus

RCD330g plus
cables

Rear USB cables and socket V3.0

For Noname 187B , Desay 187B, Noname 5GD 035 280B.

previous arrow
next arrow
Shadow
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Mk5 golf number plate camera

Hi, I am having a hard time installing this camera, has anyone done this on a UK Mk5 GTI that would be able to help out with some questions - I have the rcd330 noname version installed so I am just connecting the camera to this as per the instructions. The bits I am struggling with:

Connecting the blue cable to the reverse + wire, I have done a bit of research and I believe that the correct wire to tap in to is in the boot at the passengers side behind the carpet, there are a bunch of wires and I think the reverse wire is blue/black? I have tried using the connector that was supplied to tap in to the wire but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. If anyone has done this and can confirm that it is the correct wire before I start cutting anything up - I will maybe end up getting an auto electrician to do this bit.

I have replaced the licence plate light mount with the one supplied to house the camera, my issues are that I can't see how to run the cables through this in to the boot to connect up with camera. I have read that it should be possible to run these through the bumper and out at the grommet in the boot where the number plate lights seem to come from, but is there an easy way to do this without taking the bumper off / drilling anything?

Also when putting the number plate light back into the bumper there isn't really any room for the wire so it would possibly end up damaging this or not sealing properly if that makes sense.

If anyone has experience of installing this and could maybe go through how you did it that would be great, thought it would be straightforward but already spent a good few hours and not really any further forward yet!

Thanks